To be announced!
We welcome topics related to various research areas such as:
- Evaluation studies that exemplify a certain method.
- Methods for involving children with special needs in the design process.
- Tools or toolkits to evaluate child-robot interaction for children with special needs.
- Best practices.
- Accounting for cultural differences between children with special needs.
- Accounting for heterogeneity between children with special needs.
- Ethical considerations related to methods for children with special needs.
- Qualitative or quantitative measures.
- Long-term evaluations of child-robot interaction for children with special needs.
- Evaluating robotic behaviours designed for children with special needs.
- Challenges related to child-robot interaction studies in uncontrolled environments for children with special needs.
- Bob Schadenberg, University of Twente
- Franziska Kirstein, Blue Ocean Robotics
- Abolfazl Zaraki, University of Hertfordshire
- Jamy Li, University of Twente
- Ben Robins, University of Hertfordshire
- Mark Neerincx, Delft University of Technology
- Vanessa Evers, University of Twente
In addition to the organisers of this workshop, the organising committee for this edition consists of Cristina Zaga, Pauline Chevalier, Vicky Charisi, Mamoun Gharbi, Diana Trifon.
Please send your paper through the following submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wscri2018
Submissions will be selected on the relevance of the contribution in regard to the potential to generate interesting discussions at the workshop. Each submission will receive two reviews. Extended abstracts and position papers will be presented at the workshop as posters and/or talks, depending on the time available. The poster session will be a joint session with the related track “Common Challenges of Robot Based Autism Therapy”.
Papers and discussion outcomes will be made accessible online on the workshop website. We envision our website as an open access and growing resource for researchers of CRI. Possibilities for publication will be discussed at the workshop.
June 23th, 2018: Paper submission deadline
July 1th 2018: Notification of acceptance
July 13th 2018: Final version due
Aug 30th 2018: Workshop in Tai’an, China